Air Duct Cleaning
We Treat Your Sick and Dirty Ducts
Did you know the EPA has found that the air in your home is substantially more polluted than outdoor air? Your family may be eating, breathing, and sleeping in air containing contaminants such as mold spores, bacteria, fungus, dust, and odor-causing particulate matter. Homes with polluted air threaten the health of its occupants. especially those with allergies. In case after case, these indoor pollutants have been proven to cause health risks with symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, fatigue, sore throats, irritated eyes, and allergic reactions.
A Vicious Cycle
HVAC Systems keep circulating harmful matter into the air that you and your family breathe. Over time, accumulation builds up in the interior of the ventilation system. Every time the system is set to heat or cool, temperature and humidity changes within the ducts and forms a breeding ground for mildew, fungus, and mold spores.
You Can Stop the Cycle
GPS Heating and Cooling offers a duct cleaning service that will reduce residential contaminants to help prevent the breeding of new pollutants in your home. The work is performed by air systems cleaning specialists.
Why Should I Get My Air Ducts Cleaned?
- Helps relieve symptoms of allergies, Asthma, and other respiratory ailments.
- Removes dirt, animal hair, dander, and pollen.
- Reduces the cost of heating and cooling.
- Reduces household dust by up to 85%. Dirty ducts contribute to indoor pollution by releasing dust and mold spores into the air.
How Often Should Residential and Commercial HVAC Systems Be Cleaned?
Frequency of cleaning depends on several factors, not the least of which is the preference of the owner. On average, it is about 3 years. Some of the things that may lead a home owner to consider more frequent cleaning include:
- Smokers in the household/commercial space
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the structure of HVAC system.
- Occupants with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system
- After home renovations or remodeling
- Prior to occupancy of a new home/office space
Will HVAC System Cleaning Reduce Our Home Energy Bills?
Research by the U.S. EPA has demonstrated that HVAC system cleaning may allow systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are less likely to break down, tend to have a longer life span, and generally operate more effectively than dirty systems.
GPS Heating & Cooling Step-by-Step Cleaning Method
GPS Heating & Cooling provides a cleaning method that takes about 5 to 8 hours for a residential duct cleaning project. Commercial duct cleaning can be much larger and the time-frames for completion will vary from job to job.
- Connect a negative air HEPA collection device to the supply side of the duct system close to the furnace or air handler, creating suction throughout each register.
- Hand clean each removable register to remove mold, bacteria, fungus, dust, and debris.
- Remove caked on dust and debris from each branch of the line using an air driven snake attached to a cable system. This is the most aggressive agitation device available, and it does not compromise the duct work.
- After each branch run has been cleaned, an air driven dislodger is used on the main trunk lines.
- Do the same for the return side of the system.
- Clean the intake(s) and blower chamber(s).
- Air clean inside coil(s).
- Clean clothes dryer vent.