Project Manager (Residential)
OUTSIDE REGIONAL SALES | SOLAR CONSULTANT
Los Angeles , Orange, Riverside, and San Diego Counties
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $44 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 5%. Just one hour of harnessed sunlight could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a national scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals. Now is the perfect time to upgrade your career with a green collar job.
As experts in Solar Electric Panels | Roofing | Emergency Power | and Electric Vehicle Car Charging, we understand that building green is the right thing to do, and the smart thing to do. Green buildings yield cost savings through reduced energy consumption, provide healthy indoor surroundings, and place less of a burden on natural resources. The best environment begins with the best facilities; and what we produce is remarkable.
Established in 2002, we have evolved into one of the leading industry experts in the Southwestern United States and have built a reputation for our exceptional quality of knowledge base, best in class customer service, and field-proven measured results. By combining our outstanding product lines with in-depth knowledge, ultimate customer support services, zero down financing, and custom turnkey solutions, you can be sure that GPS is your best choice.
As a Residential Project Manager / Solar Consultant you will be responsible for our front line sales with homeowners. Our outside marketing team will be setting up for you pre-screened confirmed appointments. You will provide energy solutions that Save Energy, Save the Environment, and Save Money. A major part of each consultation will be to gather data and provide compelling presentations that result in signed contracts. This job is meant for experienced sales representatives that know the secrets to closing the sale.
In this role, you must have a great attitude and drive to succeed in sales. You must be highly flexible, entrepreneurial and able to embrace modifications in business needs in a challenging environment. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about what we do – selling solar energy and saving people money. Qualified candidates are innovative and strategic business development professionals who are honest and able to earn trust and build confidence with customers. You must be highly determined, proactive, motivated, hardworking and able to communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Building trust and rapport with prospective customers, demonstrating uncompromising customer service
- Conducting 10+ In-Home Solar Consultations per calendar week (Road Warrior … 75% Travel)
- Delivering outstanding presentations, accurate in-home needs assessments, and corresponding analysis … that create a high sense of urgency to act now
- Work with GPS engineers and finance teams to identify the most appropriate technical, material, and financial solutions to optimize system competitiveness and be able to clearly present combined technical and financial solution to clients
- Developing projects from inception to executed contract … generate leads/opportunities primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking, and other market penetration strategies
- Close residential sales orders for solar projects between 3 -and- 21 kW
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets >$960k/yr (3-4 deals/month)
- Following-up, customer service, and post-sale logistics
- Participating in ongoing training, development, and departmental meetings as directed
- Represent GPS at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events
- Maintain activity pipeline tracking and deal performance reporting (Zoho and/or Salesforce experience preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree preferred … or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of business-to-consumer residential solar sales experience, preferred
- Successful track record closing deals in a consultative residential in-home sales environment, preferred
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Fundamental understanding of finance / business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, TCO, etc)
- Professional appearance and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including nights and weekends
- Reliable vehicle and insurance … This position involves a large amount of travel so a valid driver’s license IS REQUIRED.
- Must pass a background check and driving record check
GPS’ approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Competitive Commission Plan
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Self managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
Be excited about what you do
You’ve got valuable knowledge and on-the-job experience … and we want to hear from you. Contact us directly by emailing your resume (ProjectManager@GreenPowerSystems.com)