Retail Marketing Manager (Outside)
OUTSIDE SALES (D2D) | FOOT CANVASSING DOOR-2-DOOR COLD CALLING
Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, and Riverside Counties
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $44 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 5%. Just one hour of harnessed sunlight could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a national scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals. Now is the perfect time to upgrade your career with a green collar job.
As experts in Solar Electric Panels | Roofing | Emergency Power | and Electric Vehicle Car Charging, we understand that building green is the right thing to do, and the smart thing to do. Green buildings yield cost savings through reduced energy consumption, provide healthy indoor surroundings, and place less of a burden on natural resources. The best environment begins with the best facilities; and what we produce is remarkable.
Established in 2002, we have evolved into one of the leading industry experts in the Southwestern United States and have built a reputation for our exceptional quality of knowledge base, best in class customer service, and field-proven measured results. By combining our outstanding product lines with in-depth knowledge, ultimate customer support services, zero down financing, and custom turnkey solutions, you can be sure that GPS is your best choice.
Overview / Responsibilities
The Retail Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is foot canvassing target neighborhoods and finding qualified homeowners interested in buying solar, and setting appointments for our salesmen to close. The easiest method to do this is knocking door to door to set appointments to homeowners interested in going solar.
Work hours are Tuesday-Saturday, from 4pm-8pm. A typical canvasser will set about 1-2 appointments per hour, of which half will sit (we call and confirm appointments before going to them), and about 1/3 of those our sales staff will end up closing. The pay structure is quite generous … $10 per hour and $25 per appointment that ‘sits’ and a $250 bonus per appointment that ends up being closed by our salesmen. Paychecks are paid every Friday.
This is a great job for high energy and solar-passionate individuals, with a skill set in grassroots lead generation. Remember, we are after quality appointments, really look for people that are interested, they are out there waiting for you to find them!
- Extensive (DAILY) door-2-door canvassing … cold calling required
- Setting confirmed appointments of residential solar electric systems and energy efficiency services
- Prospecting for and qualifying leads
- Generating project proposals/quotes for customers
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment
- Logging all communications with customers in CRM contact database (Zoho)
- Additional duties required as needed
- Must have own reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, insurance, and cell phone
- Must be well groomed and presentable, with a friendly personality
- Must have a positive attitude/personality, and excellent communication skills
- Must be able to handle rejection (and take it lightly/not personally)
- Must be willing and able to be outside and walk for extended periods each day
- Must be a self-starter. This is not a hard job, but it requires a self-starter personality
- Must be independent, confident, and comfortable working on your own … as most of your job you will be working alone
- Basic knowledge of internet and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred – this is ultimately a sales job (albeit a light one)
- Previous door to door experience strongly preferred– we will consider applicants who don’t have door to door experience but we require a very strong work ethic and willing-to-work-hard attitude regardless
- Ability to ask questions about a homeowner’s electricity usage and rates, age and composition of roofs, ability to take advantage of financing and determine if the homeowner’s usage pattern qualifies them as a good candidate for solar
- Must pass a background check and driving record check
High School diploma plus some college-level education required with the ability to learn the basics of solar, and to perform a simple site survey. (identify south facing roof with good solar exposure and area and minimal shade etc…)
Be excited about what you do
You’ve got valuable knowledge and on-the-job experience … and we want to hear from you. Contact us directly by emailing your resume (RetailMarketingManager@GreenPowerSystems.com).