Retail EV and Parking (Credit Cards)
Make Your Location a Destination for EV Drivers
Electric vehicle sales are increasing by 33% every year, with a projected 35 million EVs on the road by 2020. EVs are no longer a niche segment of the automobile market, but are becoming the primary form of transportation for numerous Americans every year. As a retailer, you should be asking yourself how you can capitalize on this trend towards clean transportation.
Common sense suggests that as more people embrace clean transportation, a growing number of your customers will be arriving at your establishment in an electric car. A key way to establish an ongoing relationship with this new wave of customers is by providing them with a valuable service – a place to charge their car.
EV charging stations do more than just provide a valuable service to customers. They are also a visual indication of your company’s commitment to sustainability and a great way to convey a 21st century, cutting-edge image.
Why Should Retailers Install EV Charging Stations?
Some of the benefits of installing EV charging stations include:
- Providing a valuable service to EV drivers
- Showing consumers that you’re serious about sustainability and clean transportation
- Enhancing the visual appeal of your store with high-tech charging stations
- Providing a way to market to a new “eco-friendly” demographic
- Helping establish a positive relationship with EV drivers
The New Series 8 EV Charging Station for Retail
Designed & Built for Retail – NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED.
EV Drivers Can Pay With
NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
The Most Flexible and Convenient Solution Available
We designed The Series 8 EV Charging Station for commercial applications where drivers are likely to pay with a credit card. With our built-in credit card reader, drivers don’t need a network membership to charge their vehicle. This is perfect for all commercial applications, including shopping malls, hospitals, municipal parking, and any retail location.
- Two EV charging plugs / supports two parking spots
- Easily implement desired pricing policy: Duration-based (hourly), Time-of-Use, and kWh
- Credit card reader accepts all major credit cards
- Supports physical and contactless payment options
- Create access policies for public, private, or multi-group
- Sharing features include:
- Real-time availability
- Station waitlist feature
- Alerts / notifications
- Charging status
- Smart card authentication
- Pay with PlugShare
- Large display delivers instructions, rates, and details
- Video camera for future applications (e.g. vandalism, theft)
- Optional cable management system