Our advantage energy guarantee provides enterprise solar operations and maintenance as well as asset management services. Our customers choose us because we:
- Maximize the energy generation of their Green Power Systems
- Prolong the operating lifetime of you system
- Increase the investment value for system owners and investors through solar maintenance
- Manage our customers assets as if they were our own
Solar Preventative Maintenance:
PV performance is increased with a long-term commitment to a preventative and predictive maintenance program. GPS develops a solar preventative maintenance program tailored to your job-site specific needs including a schedule of tests, inspections, maintenance procedures and predictive equipment replacement. GPS tracks what work is needed, performs it on time and reports the when, where and how to our clients. Our PV preventative maintenance expertise includes: a) DC & AC electrical verification; b) Thermal imaging; c) IV curve analysis; and d) Mechanical inspections.
Panel Cleaning & Washing:
Solar array cleaning increases the amount of energy a solar system will produce. Soiling from dust and dirt reduces the energy a plant produces. Professional PV cleaning reduces this effect, and protects your investment. GPS works with our customers to design a PV cleaning schedule that is appropriate for their location and environment. GPS solar panel washing services with trained and well equipped technicians. This ensures swift completion of the work, and a very detailed assessment of the array with a trained eye.
A robust 3rd party PV commissioning service assures that all systems and components of a PV system are designed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the owner, customer, utility or project partner. GPS conducts solar commissioning as the concluding phase of project construction. We have developed a detailed process for rigorously testing and inspecting our solutions to ensure that everything is functioning as designed.
Asset Management & Reporting:
GPS understands that the operational life requires stringent asset management to maximize the working life, maintain productivity of assets and to provide aggregated information. Internet based monitoring provides an unprecedented level of intelligence to solar power system owners. We are continuously monitoring the health and performance of every solar module and micro-inverter in the array. The web-based analytics will identify and alert owners to any deviation in performance, allowing for quick and hassle-free maintenance.
System Repair & Corrective Maintenance:
With extensive solar and PV repair expertise, GPS technicians identify, investigate, diagnose and repair failed equipment to return systems back to operation. Restoring operation to key generating equipment is an essential service to system owners. Our performance guarantees require that there is an ability to respond immediately to PV corrective maintenance issues. Integrating GPS into your corrective plan provides guaranteed response and restoration times when you experience the unexpected.
How To Clean and Maintain:
- Most solar panel arrays are self-cleaning. Solar panel cleaning is not necessary unless you can visibly see built-up dirt on your solar panels that has outlasted multiple rainstorms. More often than not, there is no need to worry about cleaning solar panels.
- Things like dirt, grime and bird poop do not need to cover an entire panel to have an effect. Any amount of obstruction to sun exposure can influence your system’s energy production. Keep an eye out for fallen branches, leaves and accumulated dust.
- Safety first. Avoid getting on the roof at all costs. 0.05% of energy production is not worth putting your own life at risk. Clean your panels from the ground whenever possible.
- Spray away! Use your garden hose with a suitable nozzle to reach your panels and give them a good spray clean.
- Avoid using metal objects or harsh abrasive products for cleaning – scratches on the glass of a solar panel can affect its performance by casting shadows. Avoid using cleaning detergents/solutions if possible as these may streak the glass of the panel.
- Rely on rainwater as much as possible for cleaning. If your mains-supplied water is hard (mineral-rich) it can leave deposits on your panels as it dries. Yet another reason to just let nature do its job.
- Oil stains may occur in some geographies, for example if you live near an airport and are under a flight path or if your home sits near a major roadway frequented by large diesel vehicles. If you notice oil stains or residue on your panels, isopropyl alcohol can be used as a spot-cleaning solution.
- Do not pay for a cleaning service. Some solar contractors will charge a substantial fee for solar panel cleaning services. This is not worth the money. As pointed out, in most residential installation scenarios, solar panel cleaning just isn’t worth the bother – or the potential danger of accessing your rooftop.
Click below to …