Commercial Business Director
OUTSIDE REGIONAL SALES | San Diego, Orange, Riverside, and Los Angeles Counties
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $44 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 2%. Just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a national scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals. Now is the perfect time to upgrade your career with a green collar job.
Green Power Systems, Inc. (GPS) provides sustainable renewable energy products and services to homes and businesses. As experts in Solar | Roofing | HVAC | Windows | and Coatings, we understand that building green is not only the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. Green buildings yield cost savings through reduced energy and water consumption, provide healthy indoor surroundings conducive to productivity, and place less of a burden on natural resources. GPS takes care of every step in the process to include design, engineering, project management and maintenance.
Established in 2002, we have evolved into one of the leading industry experts in the Southwestern United States and have built a reputation for our exceptional quality of knowledge base, best in class customer service, and field-proven measured results. By combining our outstanding product lines with in-depth knowledge, ultimate customer support services, zero down financing, and custom turnkey solutions, you can be sure that GPS is your best choice.
We are seeking outside regional sales professionals to develop solar projects in the Southwestern US, targeting small to medium sized corporate accounts. We are seeking an experienced commercial sales closer to exceed sales quotas with integrity. The primary purpose of this position is to drive bookings and revenue growth in assigned geographical or industry vertical territories through establishing and maintaining key relationships with potential customers, project developers, financiers, and, C-level executives. The candidate will be expected to be the primary regional expert in the company, and must either have or quickly develop fundamental market knowledge and the ability to create a successful plan to win new business. A strong applicant will be smart, articulate, motivated, creative, and organized, with the ability to learn the technical and financial details of our business quickly
- Close PPA and turnkey EPC contracts for solar projects between 50 -and- 250 kW
- Developing projects from inception to executed contract meeting or exceeding annual sales targets >$1.2 MM
- Be able to generate leads/opportunities primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies.
- Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with appropriate officials to understand project approval process, electric rates, regulations and incentives structures
- Analyze impact of changing regulatory environment and adjust strategy as necessary
- Work independently and with senior management team to develop and execute on strategic plans to win identified opportunities
- Work with GPS engineers and finance teams to identify the most appropriate technical, material and financial solutions to optimize system competitiveness and be able to clearly present combined technical and financial solution to clients
- Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP working with legal and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and close transactions
- Consult with clients, construction, and finance professionals in developing necessary financial models and assist with tax, financing, regulatory related research, and negotiations
- Following-up, customer service, and post-sale logistics
- Participating in ongoing training, development, and departmental meetings as directed
- Represent GPS at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events
- Maintain activity pipeline tracking and deal performance reporting (Salesforce experience preferred)
BA/BS minimum … MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of the solar industry preferred – or equivalent knowledge and experience in large capital expenditure sales
- 3 – 5 years of successful business-to-business sales experience working with key decisions makers (C-level corporate managers/directors)
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups
- Ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel frequently in assigned territory (75% travel)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands
- Understanding of finance / business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, TCO, etc)
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills … proficient in MS Office
- A valid driver’s license … reliable vehicle and insurance
- Must pass a background check and driving record check
GPS’ approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Competitive Commission Plan
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Self managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
Be excited about what you do
You’ve got valuable knowledge and on-the-job experience … and we want to hear from you. Contact us directly by emailing your resume (CommercialBusinessDirector@GreenPowerSystems.com).